Debit word comes from the Latin "debere" which means' debt. 'This is an entry made on the left side of the ledger accounts. This is an accounting entry that is posted when there is an increase in assets, costs, and loss or reduction of income, profits, liabilities and owner's equity.
Every time the accounting transaction is made, at least two accounts are always affected ie debit entries are recorded in one account and a credit entry is recorded to other accounts. There is no limit on the number of accounts involved in the transaction, but a minimum of not less than two accounts.
The total of the debits and credits for each transaction must always be equal to each other, so that the accounting transactions are always said to be "in balance. "If a transaction is not balanced, it is not possible to make financial reports. Thus, the use of debit and credit in a two-column format of recording transactions is the most important of all control over the accuracy of accounting.
A business within the company would often run into transactions, both internally and externally. Such transactions require the company to make the transaction documents in the form of financial statements.
One of which is to determine the rate of entry and exit of fund companies to minimize the possibility of over-budget on a particular account in the reporting category. There are five elements that exist in the accounting transactions, ie, debts, assets, income, and capital cost or burden.
A debit transaction is certainly accompanied by a credit transaction. Companies that do not have a debit and credit reporting documents can not control the flow of exit and entry of corporate finance. In addition, the company's financial data also can not be tracked if something happens to any finance company.
With their debit and credit reports are expected to help oversee financial companies of the possibility of corruption of employees. Because the data flow and good credit is kept up accompanied by a receipt or an official memorandum trustworthy.
Credit and debit cards difference is quite obvious in many ways. One of which is its difference by. Because of the different features, intended use was different.
Unfortunately, there are not knowing the difference of two cards of the transaction tool. As a result, one could not maximize the benefits of credit and debit cards owned.
As a means of transaction, credit and debit cards have the same function, namely to make non-cash payments. Than the hassle of carrying cash everywhere, more simple just pocketed a credit or debit card in the wallet.
Validation of the transaction is similar, using a personal identification number (pin). Indeed, there are those who use a signature. But the mechanism is not recommended as prone abused.
But more differences credit and debit cards rather than similarities. These include the following:
- credit card is a card that can be used to pay for transactions with credit. Later, the bill on the transaction comes at a certain period and must be repaid.
- is not required in card issuing bank account, because financial resources have been taken from the account. But usually a credit card application is likely to be granted if no savings in the bank concerned.
- fix the amount of the special requirements of banks to issue credit cards. The bank can issue various types of credit cards. Requirements for each type is different.
- although there is no source of funding, there is no provision of credit card limit as a limit usage. If the limit is reached, the card can not be used for the transaction, or can be used but no overlimit fee.
- the credit card owner must pay annual dues. Dues usually made free for the first year. But there are also credit card annual fee forever.
- credit cards can be used to pay for online transactions by using the three-digit code on the back of the card. No feature internet banking or mobile banking for online transactions.
- cash withdrawals using credit cards at the atm machine can, but there is an additional charge. These costs vary, depending on the card issuing bank.
- no interest will be paid if it does not pay bills on time or to use it for paying their installments.
- there is an advantage in the form of installments with 0 percent interest, the points can be redeemed for prizes, up to cashbackatas each transaction
- can be used for transactions abroad in accordance with the network card
- debit card is a card issued by a bank as a complement to a savings account. Any savings is generally accompanied by a debit card for transactions.
- source of funds debit card is a savings account associated with the card.
- the terms debit card issuance only have bank accounts associated.
- debit card transaction limit is put on the nominal funds in savings. When the funds are depleted, the card can no longer be used.
- no annual fee, but no administration fees charged each month on ownership savings.
- there are some debit cards that can be used for online shopping like credit cards. But most still can not.
- profits generally only a discount on transactions using debit cards
See the difference credit and debit cards at the top, can be found advantages and disadvantages of each. Distinct features a determining factor of the advantages and disadvantages.
In general, the advantages of a credit card is to be used for transactions with ease, especially for online shopping. In addition, gain on the transaction, from 0 percent up to a cashback mortgage, can be used for budget planning.
But the drawback is susceptible abused by irresponsible users. Abuse it, for example, the origin of the transaction without thinking about bills or neglects to pay the bill, could lead to debt overhang.
While excess use a debit card is more secure than credit risk because the source of funds is a savings account. Besides, there are no dues or fees assortment that can be a burden. As for the shortage of debit cards is more limited transaction in accordance with the balance of savings.
Talking about the security of the card, they are not too different. No threat to skimming fraud. Potential losses depending on the balance of savings and credit card limit. More and more balances and limits, can be greater losses.
From there it can be concluded that the differences in credit and debit card the most important is its aim. Credit cards can be used for more things and demanding a higher responsibility to pay the bill.
While the use of debit cards is more limited. But there is no requirement or burden to pay the bill at a later date for the transaction is completed at that time.
Good, that's why credit and debit cards can be held simultaneously. Depending on the circumstances, you can use a credit or debit card for different purposes.
Well, once we know the definition of debits and credits are also differences both in the financial statements or in the form of cards. Then, no one else ya important info for you about software hr.